Way of the Spirit
Prayer, Retreats, and Learning for Compassionate Action
Reflect and grow with God through study, prayer, and a series of retreats in supportive, ecumenical community.* Our gently guided, experiential approach is uniquely attentive to the movements of the Holy within each participant. From the wisdom of Quaker spirituality, in the Way of the Spirit you can:
- Increase awareness of the Presence and guidance of God within you.
- Ground and energize efforts for peace and justice.
- Revitalize your relationship with the Holy through varieties of personal prayer.
- Engage and integrate Christian and Quaker models, spiritual practices, and your own experience through a highly responsive, one-of-a-kind curriculum.
- Foster your giftedness to help build up the Beloved Community in our turbulent times.
*Way of the Spirit welcomes sincere seekers from several faith communities. We are enriched by the gifts of Quaker spirituality even as Quakers are enriched by other perspectives. We connect in our common yearning for the Holy, share deeply, and grow in faithfulness to our own paths.
- Extended residential retreats, three to four nights each, over 18 months
- Small group size
- Expert guest presenters
- Spiritual accompaniment or companioning during and between retreats
- Hybrid online format: private online reflection, group calls
- Funded through participant fees and tax deductible donations through Good News Associates
LIVE Show n Tell Meetings Online
A free information session with pictures and stories about this unique retreat and learning program. Ask your questions to help discern if Way of the Spirit might be a fit for you. The same content will be offered four times through Zoom.com. You can use your phone for audio only, or connect visually with a smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer. Preregister through one of the links below.
- To be scheduled in Fall 2019
2019 retreat schedule
- Module 1: February 15-18, 2019, Mt. Angel, Oregon
- Module 2: April 4-8, 2019 Mt. Angel, Oregon
- Module 3: August 8-12, 2019 Mt. Angel, Oregon
Seven Years of Way of the Spirit
We’ve offered 38 retreats between January 2012 and October 2018. That’s nearly 200 days of reflection, prayer and growing with God. Read the inspiring origins of this program here.