Way of the Spirit
Prayer, Retreats, and Learning for Compassionate Action
Reflect and grow with God through study, prayer, and a series of retreats in supportive, ecumenical community.* Our gently guided, experiential approach is uniquely attentive to the movements of the Holy within each participant. From the wisdom of Quaker spirituality, the Way of the Spirit program invites:
- Increasing awareness of the Presence and guidance of God within you.
- Grounding and energizing efforts for peace and justice.
- Revitalizing your relationship with the Holy through varieties of personal prayer.
- Engaging and integrating Christian and Quaker models, spiritual practices, and your own experience through a highly responsive, one-of-a-kind curriculum.
- Fostering your giftedness to help build up the Beloved Community in our turbulent times.
*Way of the Spirit welcomes sincere seekers from several faith communities. We are enriched by the gifts of Quaker spirituality even as Quakers are enriched by other perspectives. We connect in our common yearning for the Holy, share deeply, and grow in faithfulness to our own paths.
- Extended residential retreats, three to four nights each, over 18 months
- Small group size
- Expert guest presenters
- Spiritual accompaniment or companioning during and between retreats
- Hybrid online format: private online reflection, group calls
- Funded through participant fees and tax deductible donations through Good News Associates
2019 retreat schedule
- Module 1: February 15-18, 2019, Mt. Angel, Oregon
- Module 2: April tbd Mt. Angel, Oregon
- Module 3: August tbd Mt. Angel, Oregon
Seven Years of Way of the Spirit
We’ve offered 34 retreats between January 2012 and September 2017. That’s 139 days of reflection, worship and growing with God. Read the inspiring origins of this program here.