Way of the Spirit
- 18 months—a series of online retreat sessions, and private web community
- Quaker wisdom and contemplative spirituality for Spirit-led action
- Discernment, prayer, giftedness, beloved community, and universal ministry
- For Quakers and sincere seekers from varied faith communities
- Program cycle repeats yearly. Next openings in February 2021.
Taste and See: Inquiry events beginning in July 2020. Contact Chris for details: email@example.com
- July 11 6:30pm through North Pacific Yearly Meeting (Quakers)
- July 25 3:30pm through North Pacific Yearly Meeting (Quakers)
Find Life in Your Prayer
Ground efforts for peace and justice. Revitalize your relationship with the Holy with new forms of prayer. Grow in awareness of the guidance of God within. Stretch into contemplative silence, movement, creative, intercessory, vocal, and or healing prayer.
Bring Your Own Experience
The specifics of your life, character, skills, spiritual giftedness, and inner sensibilities matter in the life of faith. Engage a gently guided, experiential approach to spiritual discernment, relational spirituality, Quaker “leadings,” and universal ministry or Spirit-led service. Way of the Spirit seeks to integrate the wholeness of our experiences in God. The ordinary, or practical, and the “spiritual” weave one Reality. More here.
Join the extraordinary community of participants and alumni, intentionally fostering each others’ faithfulness over time. Enjoy spiritual accompaniment (Quaker “eldering”) by program staff during and between retreats. Grow through participants’ mutual support of your unique faithfulness. Class size limited to 15-18. Read what participants say.
Way of the Spirit welcomes sincere seekers from several faith communities. We are enriched by the gifts of Quaker spirituality even as Quakers are nourished by other perspectives. We connect in our common yearning for the Holy, share deeply, and grow in faithfulness to our own paths.
Step Out Spirit-Led
Engage Way of the Spirit program content. Act on what you learn at home, at work, in your faith community, on the streets, in your witness to the world. All have a part in the “universal ministry”—lived faith, intentionally exercised toward others. Grow in spiritual accompaniment or become an “everyday prophet.” Serve food, clean up, organize, lead… Do what is “yours to do” with the joy and freedom of Holy Love.
Learn from Quaker Wisdom
Study and integrate Christian and Quaker resources through a highly responsive curriculum. Approx. 70 pages of carefully selected materials in preparation for distance sessions.
Way of the Spirit is funded through participant fees and tax deductible donations through Good News Associates
2021-22 RETREAT CYCLE
- 8-12 Distance Sessions, January 2021-June 2022
- Saturdays, 9:00am-1:00pm Pacific Time:
- 2021 In discernment
2020-21 RETREAT CYCLE
- 8 Distance-Learning Sessions, January 2020-June 2021
- Saturdays, 9am-12:30 Pacific Time:
- 2020 Feb 22, May 2, Jun 6, Oct 17, Dec 12
- 2021: Mar 6, Apr 17, Jun 12
- Two Residential Retreats PENDING
- Oct 28-30 God Between Us II
- Jan 22-25, 2021 Spiritual Accompaniment
- Mt. Angel, OR, 45 minutes south of Portland airport.
Eight Years of Way of the Spirit
We’ve offered 45 retreats between January 2012 and November 2019. That’s over 225 days of reflection, prayer and growing with God. Read the inspiring origins of this program here.