Christine Betz Hall—Retreats
My Approach on Retreat:
I offer an experiential approach to facilitation and spiritual growth. Imagine a contemplative atmosphere that fosters individual exploration and prayerful reflection in community. Participants engage in spiritual practices which help turn them toward what Quakers name the Inner Guide, Inner Light or Inward Christ. Topics of special interest include: spiritual discernment, varieties of prayer, and the history of early Christianity. Read what others say about my work.
A Sampling of Past Retreats and Workshops:
- 30+ retreats with Way of the Spirit (2012-2018).
- Rekindling Our Communal Spirit — Alaska Friends Conference in Talkeetna, Alaska, April 8-10, 2011
- Roots of Contemplation, Roots of Action: A Quaker Study Retreat — March 4-6th, 2011 Mt. Angel, Oregon
- Companions Along the Way: Small Groups for Spiritual Nurture Among Quakers, Whidbey Island Worship Group, half-day retreat, December, 2010
- Speaking in Meeting for Worship — Whidbey Island Worship Group, evening session, May 2010
- Tending the Spiritual Taproot — Spiritual Nurture Among Friends, Alaska Friends Conference, Talkeetna, AK, weekend retreat, April 2010
- Spiritual Practices Among Friends — Salmon Bay Monthly Meeting, daylong retreat, Seattle, WA, March 2010
- Clearness Committees for Spiritual Discernment — Seattle University School of Theology and Ministry, graduate level class sessions w/professor Valerie Lesniak, 2008-2011
- Images of God — Trinity Lutheran Church, weekend women’s retreat, March 2009
- Tending the Seed: Spiritual Practices Among Friends – Chena Ridge Friends Meeting, weekend retreat, Fairbanks, AK, February 2009
- Invitation into Scripture: Early Quakers Images of the Divine — Port Townsend Monthly Meeting, WA, October 2007
- Retrieving Christianity for Quaker Women — Friends General Conference, Tacoma, WA, weeklong workshop, July 2006