Way of the Spirit:
Contemplative Study in Community
Module One: Spiritual Discernment
Cedar Springs Retreat Center, Sumas, WA
Next program cycle begins January 2018
What is the Way of the Spirit program?
Way of the Spirit provides a time and place apart to come home to who you are meant to be with God. Participants deepen faithfulness in transformative community. The program empowers and strengthens Spirit-led service or ministry.
- A series of six, multi-night residential retreats over the course of two years
- Committed study, spiritual practice, and supportive community.
- Small group size: continuing program maximum 15 participants.
- Expert guest presenters available for meaningful dialogue during the retreat.
- Experiential learning and spiritual growth in the manner of Friends (Quakers), integrating intellectual content with spiritual discipline, prayerful dialogue and shared worship
- Between retreat modules, the program includes private online reflection group, personal spiritual experiments, and accompaniment sessions
- Welcoming those who feel aligned with this vision from diverse faith communities
- $375 for Module One as a stand alone trial
- $2,850 per year in the continuing program or $950 per module
- Funded through participant fees and tax deductible donations through Good News Associates
2017 Retreat Dates:
2017 Year One Retreats
- February 17-20, 2017 Module 1 Spiritual Discernment, Mt. Angel, Oregon
- May 17-21, 2017 Module 2 Blessed Community, Sumas, WA
- September 6-10, 2017, Module 3 Spirit-Led Service/Ministry, Sumas, WA
2017 Year Two Retreats (only for program participants who completed Year One)
- January 25-29, 2017, Module 4 Spiritual Accompaniment/Quaker Eldering,
Whidbey Island, WA
- April 5-9, 2-17, 2017 Module 5 Everyday Prophets, Whidbey Island, WA
- October 11-15, 2017, Module 6 Trust and Next Steps, Whidbey Island, WA