Way of the Spirit Module 6 2019
for Alumni and Guests
November 1-4, 2019
Friday 4:30pm through Monday 1:00pm
Mt. Angel, Oregon
With facilitators Chris Hall, Leann Williams, and Becky Wood
Register by Oct 15th! There’s still room. No payment required at registration. Scroll down to complete form below.
Our Theme: Holy Rest and Resilience
Answering the fatigue of our hearts, we invite program alumni and guests to rest, worship, and share tools to strengthen resilient faithfulness.
- Pause worthwhile outward efforts. Breathe, center down, reflect.
- Engage spiritual practices that release burdens and restore body, mind, and soul.
- Enjoy contemplative sharing and listening in Koinonia groups.
- Experience refreshment in joyous community
Some of the queries we’re sorting to guide us on retreat:
- How can we continue to live in courageous trust for the long haul? How do we need each other for this?
- How do we release what is not ours to carry?
- What are our unique inner fracture points, and how can we help each other with them?
- How can we spread some spiritual refreshment and resilience outward in our own communities?
If you have a question on holy rest and resilience, please let us know. We’ll be collaborating to build a retreat that’s experiential, highly participatory, and leaning into our collective wisdom and strengths.
Who’s Invited? Alumni, Special Guests
Our Way of the Spirit “alumni retreat” or Module 6 opens the door to invited guests again. The program will be designed for people who have completed at least one year of Way of the Spirit, plus past presenters. We share a precious culture of spiritual exploration, authentic sharing, and mutual accompaniment immersed in God.
Maybe there’s someone you know who’s hungry for what we do together, or someone you’ve wished could have their own Way of the Spirit experience. Please consider these queries as you discern who to invite, then pass along the email invitation you received or link to this page. Questions? Contact Chris: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is this person hungry for a spiritual response to our times? Does the theme resonate with them?
- How would this person fit into our established culture of listening and accompanying each other?
- Would this person be comfortable with the ways we tolerate ambiguity—including our integration of the Christian-Quaker heritage, and the varieties of language we use for God?
We’ll continue and expand our unique approach to learning and spiritual growth—a focusing theme, guided sessions, collaborative “meetings for learning,” experiential stretching, varied prayer forms, quiet time for integration, supportive spiritual accompaniment of each other… all woven in the Spirit. Our purpose is to put ourselves alongside the topic with God, and allow the Divine to teach and transform us. A fall “alumni retreat” is becoming an annual opportunity to explore a timely and outward-facing topic together.
The Retreat Center
The Benedictine Sisters of Mt. Angel, OR welcome us again! Our meeting space is their beautiful “Chapter Room” above the dining hall.
We’ll have single dorm rooms in a “guest house” across the street from the monastery, above their shelter for homeless families. We may fill to capacity, so please register early. If stairs are an obstacle, there are guest bed rooms in the monastery itself with elevator access. Let Chris know.
Our simple meals will be served buffet style. The retreat center does not cook for special diets. However, a salad bar is offered at lunch and dinner, and the menu is often supplemented by the delicious harvest from the monastery gardens and orchards. Vegetarians and those on low fat diets have felt well nourished on past retreats. If you wish, you are warmly invited to supplement meals. If you live with Celiac disease, please let Chris know.
Fees and Payment Details
$600 covers the program, meals, and three nights in a single-occupancy room. Fees apply directly toward retreat costs and small staff stipends. Your $600 registration fee allows this retreat to be financially solid. With annual donations, and Inner Light Soap sales, the high quality Way of the Spirit experience remains possible. Thank you!
Please register early to reserve your place (form below). No payment is required at registration. You can pay before the retreat or when you arrive. Use a check, a credit card through PayPal, or online banking. Make a single payment, or plan installments that are more convenient to you. We will be financially obligated for your meals and room after October 1st. After 10/1 only partial refunds are possible for cancellations.
- Checks payable to Good News Associates, memo line “Way of the Spirit”.
NEW ADDRESS—Mail checks to:
Jan Wood, Good News Associates
20403 Crawford Road
Lynnwood WA 98036
- Credit card through PayPal:
- Donations to Scholarships: If you are able to donate more to help others attend the November retreat, please send a check to the address above, with memo line: Module 6 scholarship. You may also use the PayPal donate button on the GNA website, noting Module 6 scholarship.
- For online banking arrangements or payment questions, contact Jan Wood email@example.com.
Please register early (no payment required at registration). We may fill the retreat center to capacity again. Very fun!